WPengine is now one of the brands in providing managed WordPress hosting to its clients. Started from scratch and now has become a big name and home for really big and professional WordPress blogs. We reviewing this hosting due to our love for its services.
About WPengine Hosting
WPengine started in 2010 by its co-founder Ben Metcalfe and Jason cohen. The company is based in Texas and it started growing at so fast pace to register very good profit in its first year of business.
The company was started with an aim to provide best web hosting and they did it, that’s the reason for their huge success and build their brand reputation.
WPengine Plans And Pricing
WPengine can host only your WordPress blogs to its server as it only provides WordPress managed hosting. WPengine has only three basic plans starting at $29/Month – $249/Month. If you still get short of resources for your blog in these plans you have to contact them for your plan customization and pricing. Three plans from them are below:-
1) Personal ($29/Month) – In this plan, you can host only your one blog with 10GB of storage in an account. A personal account can handle only up to 25000 visitors. You are not provided with CDN, 24/7 Phone support and multisite ready in this plan.
2) Professional ($99/Month) – This plan comes at 99$ with 20Gb Storage to host your 10 WordPress blogs. This plan can handle up to 100000 visitors. It has all features of a personal plan in addition to CDN,24/7 Phone support and Multisite ready.
3) Business ($249/Month) – Plan costs $249/Month with 30GB storage and can host 25 WordPress blogs. It can handle the huge traffic of 400k/Month. This plan has the great feature of GeoIP in addition to all features of the Professional plan.
For the better view of features, plan and pricing you can take a look at below pictorial.
WPengine Hosting Features :-
a) Staging (Makes Duplicate or test copy for you the main blog)
b) WPengine does the transferable install for you.
c) PHP 7 Ready
d) CDN also in plans
d) Automated SSL by them.
e) They provide the multisite ready option.
f) GeoIP Located feature (Loads your blog from nearest server to your visitor)
Things To Like About WPengine
1. No need for any cache plugin. Their Evercache technology handles all caching automatically.
2. The fastest WordPress hosting as they customize your WordPress install to make it perform well.
3. Wpengine users can focus more on their blog, it’s content and functionality instead of the thinking for blog speed and security. If your time is most allocated to solving technical issues with other hosts, Wpengine is best as it manages all these things from their end.
4. They guarantee if you hacked they will take care of it for free.
5. Best for designers as they build the blog for their clients in staging environment and handle over to clients very easily.
6. Automated malware scan and backups.
7. 60-day Money back guarantee.
8. Support is quite quick.
Things Not To Like About WPengine
1. Overage charges for overage visits. They have their own definition to count the visitors. So must read their terms clearly before buying it.
2. They do not support a lot of WordPress plugins on their platform and have their own reasons for it. You should go through the list before acting to it.
3. Pricing is scary for newbies and is opted by only most professionals.
4. No Phone support to Personal plan.
5. They do not provide DNS Servers.
6. They do not have a control panel like other hosts and have a custom backend. So you can’t host any HTML websites here. What you can run is the only blog on WordPress platform.
7. You don’t have the option to run email from their servers, a huge setback.
8. You can’t buy a domain from them, have to buy from the third party like GoDaddy.
9. Storage is also low and can result in heavy outrage.
10. No CDN in Personal plan, have to take addon.
11. As I collected reviews from its users but some told them as unprofessional staff. If they not able to solve your issue they will become unresponsive.
As while reviewing it for my readers I read two realistic reviews about WPengine from two great bloggers Harsh Agrawal and Matthew Woodward in 2014. As from harsh user experience he faced extra charges for extra visitors as because bots IPs were also counted as visitors which was not fair.
But Now they are not counted as visitors by WPengine and for the satisfaction, you can read their terms.
And Matthew faced a real problem for slow page loads servers downtime and unresponsive support. He merely lost his all visitors and even fly to WPengine Office to meet its CEO and solve the issue. But at last ended up switching to the different host.
But we found out that it was the real problem from Wpengine at that time as their business was growing. SO they increased their staff and support professionals and solved it. And now they are going well as one always learn from its mistakes.
Key Features Of WPengine Personal Plan
|Money Back||60 Days|
If you will go for different reviews you will get confused and will think of leaving it. But if you like it features and can afford it I will be recommending it to you.
As nobody can deny the great features of WPengine. Page load is undoubtedly fast. Uptime is also good. Support may be bad in past but now they doing well. What else you need to be in a good host? They have a 60-day money back guarantee so no need to worries just go for it.